You know the plans of the Lord concerning 2018. It would be easy if all we had to do was read the Word of the Lord and agree with it, to make it manifest.
Unfortunately, that’s not the way it works. You will notice a push back concerning the things the Lord wants to release to you. Things from the past may try to creep back in your life… old habits…addictions… an old way of thinking, old relationships, Etc.
The tests will come. The temptation will be very real. But there’s nothing you can’t overcome with the Lord on your side. Whatever you do, don’t let 2018 resemble your 2017.
Here are 5 ways to war over your promises from God:
- Decree promises that were made over your life (daily). Don’t wait to feel like it because that’s not how we’re taught to live. Read: Hebrews 11:1
Ex: The LORD himself is fighting for me. Everyone against me today will never be seen again, according to Exodus 14:13-14.
- Make declarations over yourself concerning who you are to God. One of the main target the devil goes after is your identity. If he can get you to doubt who you are in Christ, he can get you to forfeit the plans already laid out for your life. Read Jeremiah 29:11
Ex: Despite what I see, overwhelming victory is mine through Christ who loves me, according to Romans 8:37. I am chosen. 1 Peter 2:9 I am loved. John 3:16
- Set aside intentional time to pray. The more time you spend in the presence of God, the more revelation you will have concerning who you are and a greater understanding of who God is. Remember that prayer is a conversation and not a monologue. Have a notebook and pen handy so you can jot down whatever the Lord shares with you (each day).
Spend time praying in your heavenly language (tongues). If you’ve yet to receive this gift from the Holy Spirit, ask for it. Read: Luke 11:9-13
- Spend time in worship. This is a powerful tool in fighting the enemy. Read: 2 Chronicles 20:21-30
Your worship has the power to bring victory to you as it brings confusion and chaos in the enemy’s camp.
- Fast as the Lord leads you. Don’t go over and above for religious purposes. Don’t opt to do a fast that you know doesn’t require any kind of sacrifice to your flesh,either. Have a reason for your fast. What are you seeking God for? Be brutally honest with yourself.
The point of the revealed promises of God is not to get your hopes up knowing you will fail. That’s not the heavenly Father we serve. He is loving and wants more for you than you want for yourself, believe it or not. By no accident are you here reading this right now. This is a divine appointment. You’ve been given the information…the tools you were searching for. It is now up to you to utilize them. Launch yourself into your life of abundance. (Read:John 10:10)
“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” Galatians 6:9 NLT
***Subscribe to be notified when new blogs are posted.
Like what you see? “Like”, “Comment”, and “Share”
Connect With Me:
Have any questions or requests for future blogs? Comment below.